Hafoty Medieval House, Llanddona Beaumaris LL58 8TU
"The substantial white-painted stone building we see before us today was originally a timber-framed house probably built in the 14th century (it’s recorded as Bodiordderch, the ‘House of Iordderch’, in 1352). It was later encased in stone and saw modification and restoration in the 19th and late 20th centuries, though its medieval layout remains. It passed through the hands of important local families – the Norres and the Bulkeleys – and by 1585 was described as a (summer) dairy house or hafoty."
Hafoty Medieval House
"Take B5109 from Beaumaris towards Pentraeth. After circa 3 miles turn right on unclassified road to Llanddona. The House is on the left of this road approximately two miles from the junction. After a distance of 0.75 miles parking can be found on the right hand side of the lane by way of a rough pull in, just before the farm entrance lane to the left."
Always check with the venue directly for up-to-date information including opening times and admission charges as they may be subject to change
Can be viewed externally, but there are Open Days in September: see https://cadw.gov.wales/open-doors-hafoty-medieval-house
For further travel information in Wales please see: www.traveline.cymru/travel-info
Or call Traveline Cymru on 0800 464 0000