St Peter's Church, Lewtrenchard, Devon. Free entry.
There is a gravel driveway leading up to the church from the road. Both the road and church have very limited parking options. All doors into the church have one and sometimes two stone steps on entry. There are no accessible toilet facilities within the church. Nearby Lewtrenchard Manor, has a ground floor wheelchair accessible toilet with inside grab rails provided for its guests.
The original church was built in the 13th century but rebuilt again in the early 16thcentury. The church was extensively refurbished by Charles Baring-Gould when he became Parson in 1832. Built in the perpendicular style, the church has interesting bench ends.
St. Peters Church,
Travelling in either direction along the A30 on the south side of Roadford Lake, take the slip road off the A30, sign posted for Broadwoodwidger. At the junction, turn south towards Sprytown and Lifton. At the next junction, turn east towards Lewdown. Entering Lewdown, turn south after the Post Office to Lewtrenchard. At the junction, turn east into Lewtrenchard and the church is near the junction on the north side of the road.
For more travel information go to http://www.travelinesw.com/ or call Devon Transport Co-ordination Service on 01392 382800
The only local amenities to the church are at Lewtrenchard Manor open to non residents for lunches and dinners.