The Old Operating Theatre Museum and Herb Garret, Southwark, London. Paid entry
Many stairs. "The Museum is in the attic space of a 320-year-old church and entrance is via a 52-steps narrow spiral staircase. It is a Grade 2* listed building, and once in the Museum, the space has uneven surfaces.
If you suffer from any condition for which you would need additional help going up the stairs or using our facilities, or cannot please contact the Museum prior to your visit to arrange for assistance using an alternative route.
- We offer free entry to carers with a full paying adult, concession or child ticket
- We offer information in a variety of languages
- We offer braille guides
- We offer an audio guide of our space which can be found here https://oldoperatingtheatre.com/tour/.
- While we do not have a public lift, we do have have access to a small lift for occasional use by our visitors who require it
- While we do not have public toilets, we do have have access to a small staff toilet for occasional use by our visitors who require it
Our team are always happy to support our visitors in any way that they can.
For further details on access, please contact the Museum at 020 7188 2679 or email us on email@example.com "
Always check with the venue directly for up-to-date information including opening times and admission charges as they may be subject to change
For further travel information please see: www.traveline.info
Or call Traveline on 0871 200 22 33
(Calls cost 12p per minute plus your phone company's access charge)
NB London ULTRA-LOW EMISSION ZONE
This started on 8 April 2019 in the Central London Congestion Charge Zone, and will extend to the whole of the London area within the
M25 Motorway from 25 October 2021.
For more details please see: https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/check-your-vehicle-35896
Vehicles registered with a 'disabled' or 'disabled passenger vehicles' tax class will benefit from a grace period after the ULEZ starts until 26 October 2025 as long as their vehicle doesn't change tax class, and this also applies to a 'disabled' vehicle registered outside the UK.