Union Mills Village, Isle of Man. Open Daily. Free Entry

❰ View on Map Updated: 4 years ago



The village doesn’t have a car park, but there are a few spaces along the road in places. There are no toilets, the nearest ones will be in Douglas, 3 miles away. The main road through the village has pavements.

Brief Description:

The village of Union Mills was known from 1511 as Mullin Doway (The Mill on the Black Ford). In 1807 a cloth mill was added to the original corn mill by William Kelly; only a few walls remain of the original mill but the millhouse still stands in the village.

Further Information:


Union Mills, Isle of Man


Isle of Man Government Office: enquiries@gov.im


Isle of Man Government Office: +44 (0)1624 685685



Opening Hours:

Open daily


Union Mills is located along the A1 that goes from Douglas to Peel – east to west of the island – about 3 miles outside of Douglas.

OS SC353776


The Isle of Man has its own public transport system: https://www.gov.im/categories/travel-traffic-and-motoring/bus-and-rail/. For more details you can visit the website or telephone +44 (0)1624 662525.

The buses are all low-floor with ramps available, making them accessible to travellers with a disability.


The village has some amenities; there is a pub (The Railway Inn), a convenience store and a petrol station.